All work between a Client and Sourland Mountain Associates is
governed by a standard Consulting Agreement which protects
both the Client & Sourland as follows:
- Defines the scope of work to avoid conflict-of-interest and
- Clarifies cost questions including hourly rates, billing,
work schedule of 1 hour/month to protect Sourland from
- Provides for a refundable retainer and a minimum monthly
unnecessary conflicts of interest.
committments Sourland may assume without written permission from the Client.
- Protects the Client by limiting the kinds of work Sourland may perform or
- Includes a Non-Disclosure Agreement ("NDA") to protect the Client's confidential
the Agreement to the Client.
- Explicitly assigns rights to all patents & other intellectual property developed under
without warranty of any kind".
- Limits Sourland's liability by explicitly stating that Sourland "will provide opinion
agreement ... in conflict with any of the provisions of this Agreement"
- Limits the Client's liability with the statement that "Sourland has no outstanding
either using or disclosing to the Client any third party's Confidential Information.
- Limits both the Client's & Sourland's liability by specifically prohibiting Sourland from
Copies of Sourland's standard Consulting Agreement or other information may be
obtained by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.